WHAT IS THE COVID-19?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses which may cause illnesses that are known to cause infections that impact on your lungs and you’re breathing. These include the common cold, flu and serious forms of pneumonia. The most recently discovered coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19 and it was unknown before the outbreak began in Wuhan, China, in December 2019.
SYMPTOMS (signs of infection)
The symptoms (the signs that show that a person may be infected with the virus.)
- Are very similar to that of a common cold or flu.
- It may include signs such as a fever, feeling tired, coughing, aches and pains, nasal congestion (also called a stuffy nose), runny nose, sore throat or diarrhoea (a runny tummy).
- If you, your child or any family member shows any of these signs, please seek medical attention.
Our prevention policy at Three Rivers Learning Academy
Three Rivers Learning Academy will take the necessary actions to prevent the spread of Covid-19 virus:
The following steps are followed on a daily basis:
- Parents park outside and walk the learner/learners to the gate.
- Learner’s temperature will be scanned by an educator at the entrance in the morning and their hands will be sanitized.
- Temperature scans will be done in the morning, afternoon and again when the aftercare learners arrive for monitoring purposes.
- Covid forms are filled in on a daily basis, ensuring that the learners who are showing symptoms, seek medical help after the parents have been contacted.
- The wearing of masks are compulsory on the premises.
- Learners keep a distance of 1 meter on the playground.
- In the classroom the tables and chairs are 1 meter apart, to keep the children safe.
- Tables and chairs are sanitized on a daily basis.
- Classrooms are sanitized every afternoon.
- Learners wash their hands continuously during the course of the day for 20 seconds.
WHEN YOU FEEL SICK
STAY AT HOME WHEN you feel sick, notify the centre when the learner will be absent. In this way, you protect yourself, your child as well as other people. Remember to seek medical help immediately.